El Olmo is a country house with a truffle farm of over 50 hectares covered with ermes oak trees.
It is situated in the Gudar-Javalambre region, Teruel, in one of the most exclusive truffle producing areas in Spain and in the World. Its exceptional geographical, geological and climate characteristics make this an optimum enclave for the development of this cherished black diamond, the Tuber Melanosporum Vitt.
Few know that the Gudar-Javalambre region is the main producer of what is commonly known as black gold, the "trufa negra" (Black Truffle).
Since its opening, La Trufa Negra Resort has been revealing the mysteries of the Truffle, in its Country House El Olmo to all truffle tourists. Truffletourism takes groups, families and couples on a dynamic and fun journey into the world of this mysterious delicacy.
An outing into the country side where we will learn about its habitat and other interesting Truffle facts. After which, we will live a Truffle collecting experience with trained Truffle dogs, and last but not least, we will enjoy a Truffle highlighted meal at the Melanosporum Restaurant in La Trufa Negra Resort.
|Prices for Day Outings with a Truffle meal||2019|
Children from 2 to 11 years old (fixed children's menu)
- The courses are carried out every Saturday morning during the winter months (Novembre to March) and during the summer months (May to July).
- Special group activities on other dates can be organized from 15 people onwards.
- The meeting point is at the reception desk in La Trufa Negra Resort (Mora de Rubielos - Teruel) at 10:30 a.m. After which, guests will need their own transport to get to the "Olmo Farmhouse".
- We recommend comfortable footwear for the outings and warm clothes in the winter months.
- Tasting Menu
- Children's Set Menu: Soup, fried egg with sausages and yoghurt. (Includes: bread, Veri water and a soft drink).
- Truffle Tasting Menu: Homemade Truffled Butter Toast and Tuber Melanosporum Carpaccio Toast, Strawberry Gazpacho with Teruel Cheese Foam and Gold Oil Powder, Shitake and Boletus Fritters with Poached Egg over Teruel Ham Mousse and Pear Chutney with Jiloca Saffron, Scalop with Sobrasada (traditional kind of sausage from Mora de Rubielos), Red Prawn and Crab Cream with Squid Petit Four, Crunchy Cannelloni filled with Aragón Ternasco (lamb) “al Chilindrón” with Bechamel in Demiglace and PX Beet, Lemon Pyramid with Cranberry heart and Pistachio Pionono with Jiloca Saffron Sauce. (Includes: bread, Veri water and Viñas del Vero red wine of Somontano Denomination of Origin).
- If you prefer the 100% Truffle Tasting Menu to the Truffle Hunter Set Menu, there is an additional charge of 12,00€ per adult.