El Olmo is a country house with a truffle farm of over 50 hectareas covered with ermes oak trees.
It is situated in the Gudar-Javalambre region, Teruel, in one of the most exclusive truffle producing areas in Spain and in the World. Its exceptional geographical, geological and climate characteristics make this an optimum enclave for the development of this cherished black diamond, the Tuber Melanosporum Vitt.
Few know that the Gudar-Javalambre region is the main producer of what is commonly known as black gold, the "trufa negra" (Black Truffle).
Since its opening, La Trufa Negra Resort has been revealing the mysteries of the Truffle, in its Country House El Olmo to all truffle tourists. Truffletourism takes groups, families and couples on a dynamic and fun journey into the world of this mysterious delicacy.
An outing into the country side where we will learn about its habitat and other interesting Truffle facts. After which, we will live a Truffle collecting experience with trained Truffle dogs, and last but not least, we will enjoy a Truffle highlighted meal at the Melanosporum Restaurant in La Trufa Negra Resort.
|Prices for Day Outings with a Truffle meal||2018|
Children from 2 to 11 years old
(fixed children's menu)
- The courses are carried out every Saturday morning during the winter months (Novembre to March) and during the summer months (May to July).
- Special group activities on other dates can be organized from 15 people onwards.
- The meeting point is at the reception desk in La Trufa Negra Resort (Mora de Rubielos - Teruel) at 10:30 a.m. After which, guests will need their own transport to get to the "Olmo Farmhouse".
- We recommend comfortable footwear for the outings and warm clothes in the winter months.
- Truffle Hunter Set Menu: Truffle on toast and truffle butter on toast, Mediterranean salad, Teruel delights and assorted cheese from Teruel, truffle sausage and truffle egg, veal cutlets cooked in two firings with pickled vegetables and ginger scented mushrooms and seasonal fruit salad. (Includes: bread, Veri water, Viñas del Vero young red wine and coffee).
- Children's Set Menu: Soup, fried egg with sausages and yoghurt. (Includes: bread, Veri water and a soft drink).
- 100% Truffle Tasting Menu: truffle (Tuber Melanosporum) carpaccio toast macerated in olive oil and truffled butter toast, truffled foie mi-cuit with Melanosporum curdling, apples and toasted corns, fried egg with roasted pig dewlap, trout eggs and truffle, confited cod with mushroom cream and truffle, lamb meatballs with truffled juice and dry apricot crunchy cake, with red wine, toffee mousse and chocolate truffle. (Includes: bread, Veri water and Viñas del Vero red wine of Somontano Denomination of Origin).
- If you prefer the 100% Truffle Tasting Menu to the Truffle Hunter Set Menu, there is an additional charge of 12,00€ per adult.